Registration for any EPR can be a long and time consuming process. But to make things seamless and less lengthy for your registration, here are some things that you should keep in mind —
Do know that registration is only one out of four major parts in registration under Plastic Waste Management Rules. Submission of application for this registration is completely online and CPCB (Central Pollution Control Board) has made many guidelines, SOPs, FAQs available to complete registration. It can be divided into 2 phases:
- This deals with understanding the exact requirements, including the applicability of EPR.
- Understanding the checklist and compiling the data as per the checklist, verification of the same, and then data entry on the online portal.
- This can normally take between 7–10 days.
- Once the application is submitted, it goes to the respective Pollution Control Board and they approve the application within 15–30 days.
- After the application is approved, it takes anywhere between 7–45 days to get the Certificate of Registration from that respective Pollution Control Board.
Contributed by: Shailesh Shinde, Social Lab.
Social Lab provides circular waste management solutions fostering the transition from a linear to a circular economy. We work closely with companies, municipalities, and international organizations on solid, plastic, battery, and e-waste management.